It’s Greek week here on WGC! Tons of recipes inspired by my recent trip are coming to the blog along with city guides to Athens, Santorini and Mykonos! First up – food. Greek Mezze, here we come!!
We’re kicking it all off with a big Greek Mezze board, because that’s how most meals in Greece start. Lots of dips, snacks, spreads, and things to get you ready for the main course. I’ve been obsessed with mezze for years and the Greek version is NEXT LEVEL. It’s all light, fresh, colorful and delish which makes it perfect for many reasons. Mostly importantly, you can eat it and still get into the ocean without feeling like a beached whale. Something that is super appreciated when you are LIVING at the beach.
It’s just a ton of my favorite things like homemade hummus, pita, tzatziki, this Sun Dried Tomato / Pepper Dip that might change your life. Throw on some cubes of feta, some veggies and then lay it out for everyone to enjoy! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m trying to figure out a way to live in Greece for each and every summer from here on out! What’s Gaby Cooking Takes Greece. It needs to happen.
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted and skins removed
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 recipe Homemade Hummus
- 1 recipe Homemade Tzatziki
- Cubes of Feta
- Marinated Artichokes
- Pita Wedges
- Sliced Persian Cucumbers
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Place the Sun Dried Tomato / Pepper Dip, Hummus and Tzatziki in small bowls. Add all the bits and bobs on the platter and serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!