TGIT! Let’s make some cocktails shall we? Blackberry Pineapple Smash Cocktails are on the agenda for today and I can promise that you’ll absolutely love them!
Last weekend Thomas and I were out on a double date when we happened across a cute little bar in Santa Monica that made the most excellent cocktails. I strayed from my go-to drink of a Moscow Mule and instead opted for this heavenly number. I’ve dubbed it the Blackberry Pineapple Smash and we’ve recreated it a few times since.
It’s a simple cocktail of muddled blackberries, clear rum, fresh lime juice, pineapple juice and a touch of mint. Done. Easy as that. Shake, shake, shake and then it’s done. It’s 100% my new go-to spring cocktail of choice. And if you need me this weekend, I’ll be sipping these poolside while trying desperately to work on my tan!
Blackberry Pineapple Smash
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1-2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces blanco tequila or gin, or clear rum
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- club soda
- Muddle the blackberry, mint and lime juice in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add the tequila and pineapple juice, along with a few pieces of ice, and secure the lid onto the shaker. Shake for 30 seconds until the liquid is chilled.
- Pour the cocktail, muddled bits and all, into 2 ice-filled cocktail glasses and top with a spritz of club soda. Serve immediately.