It’s been a while since I’ve satisfied my guacamole cravings here on WGC! But that all changes today with a majorly loaded Guacamole Steak Salad!
Considering the fact that I wrote an entire cookbook on avocados, eat guacamole at least 3-4 times weekly, and live in California which is known for avocados, I’m always on the prowl for new recipes featuring one of my favorite ingredients! This Guacamole Steak Salad is my new jam.
The steak is marinated with a ton of fresh citrus juice, herbs, spiced and peppers so once it’s grilled it has the perfect flavor and zip! It’s tossed with everything you’d need to make a traditional guacamole and then served on a bed of baby romaine lettuce. I’m partial to a cilantro vinaigrette to tie it all together because it’s fun and happy – just like me! (kidding / kinda / not really!)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 pound skirt or flank steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 large avocados
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ - 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh Cilantro
- Extra lime wedges
- 3-4 heads Baby Romaine Lettuce
- Combine the ingredients for the flank steak marinade. Add the steak and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat a grill over medium high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and generously season with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill and grill for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning 90 degrees halfway through to get crisscross grill marks.
- Cook until medium rare to medium, depending on your preference, and then remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain and serve with other salad ingredients alongside a cilantro vinaigrette.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!