My Calabrian Chili obsession is real and today it’s all about this Calabrian Chili Hummus.
Ever since posting that Calabrian Chili pasta last week, I’ve been finding other ways to use my calabrian chili paste! I’ve added it to a taco meat to give it some kick, I’ve tossed it into a salad dressing, and now I’m folding it into my favorite snack ever – hummus. Duh. It was only a matter of time right guys?
It’s the perfect snack. Smooth, creamy, a hint of spice and those epic homemade pita chips that you guys all love! Calabrian Chilis are usually at most grocery stores – Whole Foods for sure has them – but if not, I order them by the bucket load on Williams Sonoma or Amazon because I have a full blown addiction and if I ever ran out things would get ugly.
Calabrian Chili Hummus
For the Hummus:
- 1 15- ounce can garbanzo beans drained and PEELED
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice more as needed
- 2-3 small cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- Water as needed
- 2 tablespoons Calabrian Chili Paste
For the Pita Chips:
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 teaspoons Gaby’s Go To Seasoning
- 3 5-inch pitas, sliced into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Hummus:
- In a food processor, add the drained and peeled garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt and blend until smooth. With the machine running, drizzle in 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until the hummus is silky smooth with absolutely zero clumps. Fold in the calabrian chilis
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, garlic or lemon if needed. Serve it with pita wedges
For the Pita wedges
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Combine the salt and Gaby’s Go To powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place the pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with half of the olive oil and sprinkle with half of the salt mixture. Flip the wedges over and repeat with the remaining oil and salt mixture.
- Bake until the chips are golden brown and crispy, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the chips to a wire rack to cool. Can be served slightly warm or at room temperature.