Lemon and White Chocolate are a fantastic match! Recently, while I was in Portland, I snagged about a dozen of assorted cookies from a local bakery and proceeded to eat all of them before I even got to where I was going for lunch. They were delish! One that stood out what a lemon sugar cookie. Immediately after returning to L.A I decided that I needed to recreate but make it a bit more health conscious because its now May… and that means I have about 30 days until summer kicks it into full gear and I will need to buy some new bikinis and summer dresses! And I know myself well enough to say that I couldn’t just give up cookies all together… so I made these sans butter! The result… a perfectly moist and addictive cookie!
- 1 cup Smart Balance (butter substitute)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/4 cups AP flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or sil-pats.
- In a large mixer beat together the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and beat until combine. Add the lemon extra and combine. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the sifted ingredients into the mixer and combine until everything is mixed well. Turn the mixer on the slowest speed and add the white chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours before baking.
- Using a 1 inch scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Transfer cookies from baking sheet to drying rack until cooled.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!