Just wanted to take a few minutes to celebrate all the dads out there and say Happy Fathers Day!
Especially to my Dad who is the most amazing guy in the world.
Dad, without ya, I wouldn’t be where I am today and you are the best. I had the best intentions of sending a card, but in typical Gaby behavior, that didn’t happen. So here instead I made you these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. I’ll bring them with me when we leave for surprise vacation next week. Unless of course, we eat them before then. No promises Also….
Thank you for walking me down the aisle last year
Thank you for telling me that it was okay to drop out of pre-med in college and follow my other passions. I really really hated chemistry.
Thank you in advance for flying to LA and holding my hand when I buy my first car this year. Yes, I may be 27 years old and married, but I’ll always need ya.
Thank you for doing my dishes when I cook at home, because let’s be honest, I suck at cleaning.
Thank you for letting me find my own path, but steering me back on course when I get a little distracted.
Thank you for believing in me.
Thank you for being an excellent role model and someone Thomas and I can always look up to.
Thank you for being the best dad in the whole wide world and always pushing me to be the best me I can be.
and lastly thank you always having your famous kitchen sink cookies stocked in the freezer for me when I come home to visit and for making me have the biggest sweet tooth on the planet. Next to you and mom of course.
These Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are for you!
Happy Fathers Day Daddy!
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate mint baking chips or chopped chocolate mint bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined. Remove the batter from the mixer and stir in the chips by hand.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and spread the batter evenly into the pan. Place the baking pan into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and let cool to room temperature. Once slightly cooled, transfer the baking pan to the fridge and chill for 1 hour before slicing and serving.