Is there really anything better than a Paprika Roasted Chicken? I’m talking about whipping out the roasting pan, slathering the chicken with spices and then roasting it in the oven for a little over and hour, so by the time it’s cooked, your entire home smells like the most delicious meal ever? It’s one of my favorite fall meals and just wait till you see what you can do with it!
Oven Roasted Chickens have long been one of my favorite comfort foods. Especially when I’m at home with my parents and my dad whips up a few on a Friday night. The skin is perfectly crispy and delicious. The meat is succulent, perfectly seasoned and moist (ugh I hate using that word but it is!!). And I’ve been known to make 2 at a time so I can shred the meat on any leftovers and use it in any number of recipes.
Basically this is the perfect 5-ingredient roasted chicken that’s going to get you through every week. Straight from my dad, to me, to you!
BUT! Before we get to the recipe… here’s a ton of different ways you can use any leftover chicken:
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1-2 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 4-pound roasting chicken
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F and pat the chicken dry with paper towel.
- Mix together the paprika, garlic salt and pepper and spread evenly over the entire surface of the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. The rack is essential so the entire chicken gets crispy.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour and 15 minutes. 25 minutes into roasting, reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and baste the chicken with the melted butter. Repeat the basting process every 15 minutes with the remaining butter.
- Once done, a meat thermometer should register at 165 degrees F and the juices should run clean. Remove from the oven and tent with tin foil for 10 minutes before carving.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!