I haven’t eaten any sugar in about 2 weeks. (well, except for those few pieces of dark chocolate but those don’t count) I know. It’s a sin. I don’t know what the heck is wrong with me. But not to worry – I remedied this problem a few days ago when I made these sinful Caramel Brownies. Holy cow. They totally changed my life.
Let me preface this recipe by saying these brownies are not for the faint hearted. They are decadent.
They will make your mouth water and any self control that you think you have – well it might just fly out the window when you crack into the brownie pan!
Go make these now. You can thank me later. Just go for it. And enjoy. And eat them straight out of the pan with a spoon – because they are better that way!
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 10 oz caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- In a small pot combine the peeled caramels and evaporated milk. Heat over medium heat and stir until all caramels are melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and line a 9x9 baking tin with parchment.
- In a pot over medium heat, combine the butter, sugar, cocoa power and salt and mix for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla paste and eggs and combine. Stir in the flour and set aside.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepare pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour the caramel mixture over the brownies. If the brownie batter gets mixed in - no need to worry! Top the caramel mixture with the chocolate chips and the remaining brownie batter. Just scoop the brownie batter over the caramel with a spoon. Finish baking for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for about 90 minutes before slicing into these brownies.
- Note - these are best eaten with a spoon directly out of the pan - just sayin
Tags: addictive brownies, best brownies ever, Bread, Brownies, Brownies with caramel, Caramel, Caramel Brownies, crack brownies, Dessert, moist brownies