S’more Slutty Brownies. Just let it happen.
I mean, you knew it was only a matter of time right? Before we get to the incredibleness that is a S’more Slutty Brownie we have something to celebrate!!
One of my dearest friends Catherine (you might know her from Weelicious!) is preggers with her 3rd baby and today we’re throwing her a little virtual shower! Just imagine a real baby shower filled with all sorts of delicious treats from food bloggers all over the country. It would basically be the worlds most epic foodie event EVER! But since we all live in various cities across the country, we’re celebrating Catherine today with a virtual array of deliciousness.
Catherine is one of my favorite people on the planet. She’s the kindest person you’ll ever meet and I love her to the moon and back. I feel so lucky to have her as one of my closest friends and I can’t wait to snuggle her new baby (boy or girl!!!)…. it’s a surprise and the suspense is KILLING ME!! Catherine is all about eating wholesome foods that are majorly delicious. She’s also always down for a laugh, which is why these S’more Slutty Brownies seemed fitting for today 🙂 They are more on the humorous side than the wholesome side. But if you consider cookie dough and brownies and marshmallows to be wholesome… then by all means, who am I to stop you!!
When the s’more flavored oreo came out, it was only a matter of time until I concocted some sort of slutty brownie based on the new flavor. So I added the new cookies to the middle layer, kept the homemade cookie dough and homemade brownie layer the same and then added some torched marshmallows on top for an extra layer of decadence. (as if it wasn’t decadent enough to begin with!) The result is nothing short of amazing. It’s a sugar rush for sure, and 1 pan of these can easily feed about 25 people as all you is a tiny little square to satisfy your sweet tooth. So if you’re feeling ambitious, whip these suckers up and enjoy!! And here’s to Catherine and the latest addition to their incredible adorable family! Stay tuned after the recipe to see what everyone else brought to the shower!
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- For the Oreo layer:
- 1-2 packages of S'more Oreos
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups large marshmallows
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan with tin foil and then spray the tin foil with a layer of baking spray.
- Layer the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the slutty brownies.
- Layer as many oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough. No need to overlap. One single layer will do.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer and make sure it's evenly layers on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. If the knife comes out clean, remove the brownies from the oven and pile on the marshmallows. If the knife comes out with batter still on it, allow the brownies to bake about 5 minutes more and then add the marshmallows. Let the brownies and marshmallows rest for 30 minutes so the marshmallows stick to the top layer. Using a blow torch, torch the top of the marshmallows until toasted. Cut and serve as needed.
- **The cut best when the brownies are cold**
Mini Strawberry Rosewater Pavlovas from Beard and Bonnet
Pink Lemonade Thumbprint Cookies from Fifteen Spatulas
Skillet Cherry Pie from FoodieCrush
Roasted Blueberry and Lemony Yogurt Popsicles from Tasty Yummies
Frozen Lemonade with Rose Water from The Lemon Bowl
Grilled Carrots with Mint Almond Pesto from Heather Christo
Persian Saffron Pudding from Tori Avey
Jicama Pops from ¡Hola! Jalapeño
Roasted Broccoli Pesto on Pumpernickel from Bev Cooks
Farmer’s Market Vietnamese Steak Salad from Alex T Cooks
Peachy Pineapple Green Smoothie from 100 Days of Real Food
Rainbow Smoothie from Daisy At Home
Chocolate Beet Cake from I Am Baker
Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting from Deliciously Organic
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!