It’s another double duty recipe today… Tomatillo Avocado Salad Dressing and you’re going to want this on regular rotation!!
I’m calling it a salad dressing because that’s how I roll, but honestly you could use this as a salsa, a sauce for meats and fish or veggies or a salad dressing. Possibilities are endless.
Roasted tomatillos are near and dear to my heart. I grew up eating them in salsa and sauces my whole childhood because #arizona. These days I roast them off and throw them on just about everything – and recently it’s this recipe!! I’ve used it to top my Quinoa Taco Bowls, I’ve thrown it on top of grilled chicken, it’s delicious on some freshly cooked salmon or sea bass…. I mean the list goes on. Dunk a chip into it! Add it to a crudité platter. And it’s perfect on top of any kind of salad. Depending on the need for it, you can thin out the recipe with a bit of water or not.
So there you have it… one recipe that works for dozens of applications. My kinda thing!!
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- ½ jalapeno, you can remove the seeds if you want, or leave them in for an extra kick
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos. Rinse under warm water well and wipe clean. Cut the tomatillos in half and place into a baking pan with the onions and jalapeno. Roast for 20 minutes until they are tender. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add a few tablespoons of water if needed until it’s smooth like a salad dressing.
- Serve as needed. Keeps in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!