White Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti
Biscotti is a perfect homemade treat for this time of year and you can customize it depending on who you are making it for. With or without nuts. White Chocolate or Dark Chocolate… or both! Dried fruits. Plain. Citrus Zest. The possibilities are endless.
This year I whipped up a few batches of this Biscotti. I sent them around to some of my friends in LA, family across the country and then kept a few stashed away for myself! The combination of the dried cranberries and the white chocolate bottom are perfect for Christmas. Since over-nighting these little treats out earlier this week, I’ve already gotten calls from my families neighbors asking for another order
|White Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti|
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 tsp grated meyer lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips, divided in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a heavy baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside. In a mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest and salt. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in the cranberries and 1/2 of the white chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a 12-inch long, 3-inch wide log on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Place the log on the cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the biscotti on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti again, for 15 minutes, until they are golden brown. Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate chips in a double boiler. Dip the bottom of the biscotti in the white chocolate and let chocolate cool and set.
Tags: baking powder, biscotti, biscotti recipe, Chocolate, chocolate biscotti, chocolate chip, Cookies, Cranberry, cranberry biscotti, cranberry biscotti recipe, dark chocolate, dips, dried cranberries, dried fruit, Holiday, hot coffee, perfect, Sugar, white chocolate, White Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti, white chocolates, ypes of chocolate