Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese Sauce. Oh snap. It’s happening.
I can’t remember where I first saw Whole Roasted Cauliflower but after seeing it again over on Bon Appétit, I knew it was time to get down to business. I’m a big fan of a fantastic veggie side dish, roasted potatoes and roasted broccoli are frequent players in my dinner rotation – and this cauliflower dish is officially added to my list. It’s beyond. I’m totally digging it.
You start by boiling the head of cauliflower in a big pot with wine, water, herbs, spices and olive oil. Once it’s par-cooked, throw that sucker in the oven and roast it until almost the entire outside layer is charred. It’s gorgeous and you’re just going to want to stare at it for hours. That’s what I did, and I almost didn’t eat it because I didn’t want to destroy my piece of art. But I got over that real quick and dug in.
This Whole Roasted Cauliflower gets even better because it has a super addictive Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese Sauce that gets drizzles on top. The sauce then soaks into the cauliflower and the rest is pretty much history. This one is NOT to be missed!
- 2 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 roasted red bell peppers, either jarred or roasted and skins removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Bring wine, oil, kosher salt, juice, red pepper flakes, sugar, bay leaf, and 8 cups water to a boil in a large pot. Add cauliflower, reduce heat, and simmer, turning occasionally, until a knife easily inserts into center, 15-20 minutes.
- Using 2 slotted spoons or a mesh spider, transfer cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet, draining well. Roast, rotating sheet halfway through, until brown all over, 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with the Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese Sauce drizzled on top.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the olive oil roasted red bell peppers, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, pepper, and vinegar. Blend for 1-2 minutes until the ingredients become smooth. Add the goat cheese and blend for another minute until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/whole-roasted-cauliflower-with-whipped-goat-cheese
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!