Avocado, Bacon and Tomato Toast. I think I died and went to heaven this weekend. I had a killer workout at SoulCycle and then came home and whipped up some Avocado, Bacon and Tomato Toast. I knew it was going to be delicious, because honestly, what isn’t delicious that contains both avocado and bacon, but I had no idea how utterly obsessed I was going to become.
It’s pretty much the best breakfast in the history of the world. It would also be a stellar lunch. And again, a perfect quick and easy dinner. This simple concotion basically works for any time of the day and it will make you so happy you’ll just want to jump for joy.
But, can we talk about what happened this weekend that didn’t make me jump for joy. My husband officially waged war. He might not know it yet, but he better watch his back. Let me tell you how this went down. I got home from spin class, chowed down on my Avocado, Bacon and Tomato Toast and then hit the shower. While I was in the shower, Thomas thought it would be really funny to pour a bucket of FREEZING COLD WATER on me. ummmm let me add, that’s its like 40 degrees in LA right now. I had no where to turn. No where to hide. I tried to block the ice cold water with my hands but it was basically useless. While I stood there, shocked and appalled, Thomas thought it was the funniest thing he’s ever seen. So there you have it. It’s an unspoken war. And I need something super clever to do to him. Any ideas? Something funny and something equally as traumatic. It needs to happen and I NEED YOUR HELP!
So if you would be ever so kind to sound off in the comment section, I’d love ya forever. And I promise to update you on any wonderful pranks I’m able to pull off. It’s my mission for the week!
So until then, have some Avocado, Bacon and Tomato Toast and enjoy your Monday!
Check out all of my favorite Avocado Toast inspired Breakfast Recipes:
Avocado, Bacon and Tomato Toast
- 2 pieces thick cut whole wheat toast
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices cooked applewood smoked bacon each piece broken in half
- Maldon salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Toast the 2 pieces of whole wheat toast until the bread is just golden brown.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a medium bowl and mash it with a fork and a squeeze of the fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide the mashed avocado on top of the 2 pieces of toast, followed by a slice of tomato, and then 2 pieces of the bacon.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.