Can you tell I’m ready for summer? It’s time. I need it in my life. And this Charred Corn and Goat Cheese Avocado Toast needs to be in my life on a daily basis.
We’ve all seen avocado toast like 100 million times, but it will never get old. I always jazz it up with different toppings, textures, and top it off with some crunchy salt and freshly cracked black pepper. It makes me endlessly happy and this is my latest ode to avocado toast.
Goat Cheese. Charred Corn. Chives. Lemon. Salt. Pepper. Voila. Works for breakfast, lunch or even dinner!
- 2 pieces pretty thick cut bread
- 1 1/2 avocado
- freshly squeeze lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 ear corn, charred
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped chives
- Toast the pieces of bread until the bread is just golden brown.
- Remove the pits from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a medium bowl and mash it with a fork and a squeeze of the fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Slater the mashed avocado on top of the toast, followed by the crumbled goat cheese, charred corn and chopped chives.
- Season with Maldon and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!