I’m on a BLT kick these days. First it was the BLT flatbread and now it’s a BLT Salmon Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette!!
BLT’s are just kinda my everything at the moment. There is really almost nothing that wouldn’t benefit from some bacon, lettuce (or any kind of greens) and tomatoes. It feels very spring-y don’t you think? Last year one of my most favorite people in the whole wide world – Heather Cristo – did a BLT Salmon Salad with a Creamy Avo Dressing and I’ve been lusting after it ever since. Unfortunately for me, she lives in Seattle and it’s not quite so easy to teleport myself to her kitchen at a moments notice (but trust me if I could I WOULD BE THERE IN 10 SECONDS), so I took it for a spin in my own house. Swapped out her vinaigrette for my cilantro vin that I keep on hand at all times. Bottom line – Heather is a genius – I’ve been making this on repeat and I’m hooked. She also has some crazy exciting products coming your way that I’ll share in a few days. Get ready to have your minds blown. #bosslady 🙂
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3-4 strips thick cut bacon, cooked to crispy and torn apart
- 1 avocado, cut into pieces
- 2 (4-6 ounce) salmon filets with skin
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Fresh chives for garnish
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat a grill to medium. Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and season with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Grill the salmon, skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes and then flip and cook for 1-2 more until just cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
- In two medium bowls, add the arugula, tomatoes, bacon and avocados. Top with the grilled salmon and serve with the cilantro vinaigrette drizzled on top and sprinkled with chives
- Combine all the ingredients for the cilantro vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Use immediately. Or refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 5 days.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!