Rolling in with another amazing recipe for Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes for babies, toddlers and adults before the weekend!
Poppy's love for pancakes runs deep! We make these Banana Pancakes (which to be fair, is a very loose interpretation of a pancake considering the ingredients) multiple times a week! The recipe below is a little bit more substantial and we're equally as obsessed! The buttermilk makes these extra moist and they're delish when drizzled with a little bit of great quality maple syrup. Make them this weekend - use any kind of berries you want - you won't be disappointed.
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 ⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (plus more for cooking)
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 tablespoons agave (or honey)
- 6 ounces blueberries (almost 1 cup)
- good quality maple syrup for serving
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the butter, buttermilk, eggs and agave until combined.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined (it’s ok if there are a few lumps).
- Heat a large pan or griddle on medium heat and grease with butter. Pour about ¼ cup of the pancake mixture onto the griddle and top with 3-4 blueberries. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and transfer to a clean plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup.