Are you ready for these.
Let me introduce you to Cookies and Cream Brownies.
Basically they are the younger sister to Slutty Brownies.
And they will rock your world.
I ran across a recipe for Cookies and Cream brownies on the Cooking Channel blog a few months ago. And then last week they were brought to my attention again. And basically I took this as a very powerful sign that I needed to make these immediately. Do you ever get those signs. I feel like I get them a lot. For example sometimes I feel like I desperately need a pedicure but I'm too lazy to go get one... and then all of a sudden a new pair of summer wedges that I ordered a few days prior, will arrive on my doorstep and I think it's basically the world telling me that the pedicure I wanted was totally needed and justified. So you see these signs are kinda a big deal. Don't ignore the signs.
Luckily I pretty much have the best private chef clients on the face of this earth who were totally into these. And let's be honest, so was I. Not only did I make these at work... but I promptly came home and made them again. I told everyone is was because I was sending them into work with my fiancé, but let's be real here people, I needed another bite or two of these before bed.
I think I've developed a bit of a brownie obsession. So much so that I've even opted to get rid of any sort of cake at our upcoming wedding. I mean who really wants to eat cake when you can have a moist and decadent brownie. Right? I think so. Brownies instead of cake any day of the year for me. Cookies too.
So here's the younger sister to my slutty brownies. Maybe they are cousins instead. Regardless of their relationship, you'll love these. And you totally won't want to share - so maybe it's best to make a double batch :P+)
Cookies and Cream Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter room temp
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 15 oreo cookies crushed and divided
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 baking pan with tin foil and spray with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the white sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Add the salt, vanilla and eggs, whisking until fully incorporated.
- Add in the flour, chocolate chips and half of the crushed oreo cookies and stir until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining oreo cookies on top.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let the cookie and cream brownies cool for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the brownies from the pan by lifting the tin foil out. Place the brownies on the counter, cut into 12 squares and serve.