We’re back with another incredible bowl… Crispy Salmon Burrito Bowls!!
My love for all things burrito bowls runs deep. I love them with steak, chicken, veggies, carnitas… any of them are fair game. Add to that a salmon burrito bowl and OMG we are in business. Perfectly cooked salmon that’s marinated and seasoned to perfection keep these bowls light and healthy… aka perfect for summer.
These also make the perfect weeknight meal when you’re in a semi-rush to get dinner on the table. A lot of these components can be prepped ahead of time and then just sear the salmon off before you sit down for dinner and voila! Crispy Salmon Burrito Bowls all around.
Also just feel free to serve this alongside a big pile of tortilla chips! You’re gonna need them to get the last little remnants of your bowl and then it kinda turns into nachos and NO ONE IS MAD AT THAT!
More Burrito Bowls for ya…
- Flank Steak
- Cauliflower Rice + Chicken
- Knock off Chicken Burrito Bowls a la Chipotle
- and if you happen to have any of this insanely delish corn situation leftover from another meal… it’s a great sub for the raw or grilled corn in any of these recipes
We now OFFICIALLY have the burrito bowl game covered here on WGC.
Crispy Salmon Burrito Bowls
For the Salmon
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 4 equal pieces
For the Bowls
- 2-3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1-2 whole avocados, cubed
- 1 cup pico de gallo
For the Cilantro Vin
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large zip-top bag, combine the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano and red-pepper flakes. Add the salmon, zip the top of the bag and give it a quick shake to combine. Refrigerator for 2 hours
- Preheat a pan to medium high heat. Remove the salmon from the marinade and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side until crispy but not overcooked. Remove and set aside to rest.
- Combine the cooked white rice, lime zest and juice and cilantro and toss to combine. Make the bowls with equal parts rice, beans, corn, avocado, pico and salmon. Serve with tortilla chips on the side and cilantro vinaigrette.
For the Cilantro Vin
- combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until super smooth.
Keep the summer dinner bowls coming!!
Do you take the skin off then before cooking? Thanks!
I don’t – but you can!
Can I bake the salmon ?
Can you clarify? Vinaigrette goes on top or just with chips…seems like a dumb question. Also, in step 1 it seems to mention some ingredients from vinaigrette instead of marinade. Thanks.
the salmon gets marinated and then cooked.
cilantro vin goes on top once you’ve assembled the bowls
Is it possible to substitute something else/another herb for the cilantro? Thanks so much!
basil would be delish
Made these for dinner tonight and the whole family LOVED them! The salmon is delicious and the raw corn gives it the perfect burst of freshness & sweetness. YUM!!!
I love Burritos so much but I’ll always choose a bowl as i hate getting my face messy when eating haha. This looks dreamy! Rx
Incredible! The salmon was so flavorful and perfectly cooked. Amazing flavors!
Delicious! Great meal when it’s hot and you don’t really feel like cooking!
These bowls were delicious! And I love that it’s another recipe that calls for cilantro vinaigrette! That stuff tastes good on everything!!
We LOVED this dish!! The cilantro Vin
Will definitely make this again!!
Fantastic, fresh and so easy. This will be added to the regular rotation in our household!
This was absolutely delicious. I expected that because I haven’t found a recipe of Gaby’s that wasn’t delicious. I can’t say that about many chef’s recipes. The cilantro vinaigrette was so tasty. I did make a guacamole instead of plain avocado but other than that it was delicious. Our family of 6 all agreed. I will be making this more often. Another thing I love about it is that almost everything can be prepared in advance. Such a quick and easy meal. Thanks again Gaby.
About how many calories do you think this is??
Made this tonight! Did the salmon in the air fryer, it still got nice and crisp! So tasty! The cilantro vinaigrette is a chefs kiss to the dish!
Delicious!! I’ll just be over here in Southern Nevada making Gaby’s chicken, carnitas and salmon bowls fresh every day. No way I could ever tire of them.
Looks great but do you pour the cilantro bin over everything?
Hi Gaby – I imagine I could plank the salmon, correct? Do I need to change anything when grilling?
nope! PERFECTLY delish!
Delicious! I followed the directions in the recipe…no additions or deletions. Loved it!
Could I marinate the salmon overnight?
Have made this twice now – yum!!! And so easy. Love love love.