It’s been a week of no-cook meals here on What’s Gaby Cooking – well no cooking inside at least! It’s HOT which means that turning on the stove or the oven is off limits. It’s all about things you can do on the grill or just chop, toss and serve like this Cucumber Tomato Salad with Garlic and Herb Grilled Naan!!
Cucumber Tomato Salad is one of my favorite summer time salads! It’s packed with cucumbers, fresh farmers market tomatoes, herbs and some green onions and topped with a sumac dressing! If you haven’t had sumac before, get ready to order some right this instant because you’ll never want to live life without it. It has a tangy lemony flavor and it amps up whatever you put it on! In this case – the cucumber tomato salad! Once the salad is prepped and dressed, you serve it up with grilled Stonefire Naan, the garlic variety is my fav here!!
A little garlic oregano butter mixture get brushed over the Naan bread, grilled and then served warm. You can pile it up with everything your heart desires. I throw in about a cup of the salad on top of the warmed naan. You could also add some tzatziki in there, pieces of chicken tawook, grilled meat, anything your heart desires. The garlic brushed grilled Naan is the perfect vehicle for just about EVERYTHING!! Enjoy!
Cucumber Tomato Salad with Garlic and Herb Grilled Naan
For the Salad
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
For the Sumac Dressing
- 4 teaspoons ground sumac soaked in 4 teaspoons warm water for 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
For the Naan
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup Melted butter
- 3 pieces Garlic Stonefire Naan Bread
- Combine the green onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, mint and parsley in a bowl. Toss and set aside.
- Whisk together ingredients for the dressing. Toss dressing with the salad. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Combine the garlic, oregano and butter in a small bowl. Brush both sides of the Stonefire naan and lightly grill until grill marks appear. Remove. Serve alongside the salad.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
the perfect lunch! I need it right now!
Simple. Fresh. Tasty. Love.
What a great summer salad!
Lovely fresh salad!! Love!!
This is the first time I’ve ever tried Sumac and I enjoyed it immensely, especially with this salad. I didn’t have the naan as I don’t eat any flour. But the salad is delicious. Perfect for a hot summer day with fresh ingredients from my farmer’s market. Thank-you!