Zucchini season is in full swing, so if you’re on zucchini overload you should absolutely make these easy Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins.
For all of you who grow zucchini in your garden or subscribe to a local CSA, I can pretty much guarantee that your zucchini supply is PLENTIFUL right about now. Or, you're like me and may have gone a little overboard at the farmer's market over the weekend. In any case, you should absolutely make these Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins for an easy breakfast on the go or a quick snack.
These Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are a delicious and easy breakfast idea for kids and adults. They come together quickly in one bowl and store well in the freezer for when you need a quick snack! They're loaded with tons of cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and zucchini, making these muffins so moist and delicious!
Any type of quick bread is excellent for toddlers (and adults, for that matter) as it truly doesn't take much time to prep. These Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins bake for 25 minutes or less, so it's an easy and fun activity to do with your kids.
Zucchini Muffins questions… let’s get into it!
Q: How long to bake muffins?
A: For standard-sized muffins bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean.
Q: How to make zucchini muffins?
- In a large mixing bowl Whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated (try not to over mix the batter). Add in the grated zucchini and the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir.
- Fill the prepared muffin tins ⅔ of the way, sprinkle with extra chocolate chips, and bake. Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the pans and serving.
Q: Should you peel the zucchini for this recipe?
A: No need! Just trim the ends off the zucchini and grate the entire thing.
Q: Can you taste the zucchini?
A: Nope! Not one bit. It just makes it super duper moist and slightly healthy! The cocoa powder and chocolate chips make it extra chocolate-y so you have a really decadent flavor on top of the shredded zucchini.
Q: Can I make zucchini muffins by hand?
A: Absolutely! No stand mixer is required for this recipe. It all comes together quickly in 1 bowl.
Q: Why is zucchini bread so moist?
A: The combination of the vegetable oil, almond milk and zucchini make this the most moist zucchini bread you’ll ever have!!
Alright guys – grab a giant zucchini or 2 and get baking. These Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Muffins are NOT to be missed.
Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Muffins
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined. Add the almond milk and vanilla.
- Slowly combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the wet ingredients and mix for a few seconds until just incorporated (try not to over mix the batter). Add the zucchini and the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir.
- Spray 2 muffin tins with non-stick spray and evenly divide the batter filling each tin ⅔ of the way. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
- Transfer the tins to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the pans and serving. If they need a little more time, continue baking until a toothpick tester comes out clean.
WOW! I made these today, and they are amazing!
suggestions for almond milk alternative??
any kind of milk would work