I’m gearing up for an epic Labor Day bash for the next few weeks and one thing that I CANNOT live without is a big bowl of Homemade BBQ Potato Chips!
Perfectly thinned sliced potato chips that are fried, dried, and dusted with a homemade spicy BBQ seasoning make for the perfect snack! I’ll be serving these up along a pretty lengthy Labor Day themed menu with burgers, grilled salmon, corn, cocktails and more… but you’ll have to stay tuned for that as I fine tune my menu!
But in the mean time… LOOK AT THESE GORGEOUS CHIPS!!! They are so thin and crispy and perfectly seasoned and you’ll never buy store bought potato chips ever again.
Homemade BBQ Potato Chips
- 4 medium sized potatoes sliced paper-thin
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- dash cayenne pepper
- Place potato slices into a large bowl of cold water as you slice. Drain, and rinse, and pat completely dry.
- While drying, combine all the ingredients for the spice mixture in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 365 degrees F. Fry potato slices in small batches. Once they start turning golden, remove and drain on paper towels, dusting with the spice mixture. Continue until all of the slices are fried. Season with additional salt if desired.