What to do when you decide to have 10 people over last minute and need super easy appetizers that are going to work for everyone? A Hummus Bar. Duh!
2-3 kinds of hummus, a big batch of tzatziki, some cubed feta, sliced cucumbers, roasted red peppers and artichokes all get scattered about on a large board and you’re almost done. Whip up some Stonefire naan wedges (recipe below) to complete the board and that’s it!
It’s basically a naan chip that you can use to scoop up a bit of hummus, a dollop of tzatziki, and some feta, some cucumbers and construct the perfect bite. The naan chips are seasoned with a super simple paprika salt mixture and some olive oil. If you’re anti turning the oven on, you could do the naan chips on the grill too! Just place them over indirect heat and grill for a few minutes on each side until crispy and medium dark grill marks appear!
Then, all that’s left to do is GO TO TOWN! Hummus Bar – CHECK!
- 1 recipe garlic hummus
- 1 recipe red pepper hummus same recipe as link above, but add 2 roasted red bell peppers
- 1 recipe Tzatziki
- 1 cup cubed feta
- Sliced roasted red bell peppers
- Sliced cucumbers
- Halved artichoke hearts
For the Naan Wedges
- 2/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 Stonefire Original naan bread cut into 8 wedges each
- 3 Stonefire Whole Grain naan bread cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- On a large platter, arrange the dips and vegetables in individual small bowls.
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Combine the salt and paprika in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place the Stonefire naan bread wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with half of the olive oil and sprinkle with half of the salt mixture. Flip the wedges over and repeat with the remaining oil and salt mixture.
- Bake until the Stonefire naan bread is golden brown and crispy, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the Stonefire naan bread wedges to a wire rack to cool. Can be served slightly warm or at room temperature