The What's Gaby Cooking House Salad happens on repeat just about every night in our house! Okay - maybe not every night - I go back and forth with this salad and the green monster salad. And they both are easy to make and go with ANYTHING!
Making meatballs, throw a house salad on the side. Pasta - this salad. Pizza - house salad. Fish, Chicken, Steak, Lasagna... you get the idea. You can't go wrong with this one and you can make adjustments to the ingredients depending on what's in your fridge! Most of this stuff I keep on hand at all times so I can whip this up as a side for dinner - or make a batch for lunch and throw some grilled chicken or salmon on top and call it a day! Throw it into your regular dinner rotation - I promise you won't be disappointed!
- 3-4 cups various farmers market lettuce
- 3-4 Persian Cucumbers thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves
- 2 green onions sliced on a bias
- 2 Avocados cut into wedges
- 2-3 vine ripened tomatoes cut into wedges
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Shaved parmesan
- 1 recipe balsamic vinaigrette below
For the balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ shallot finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Arrange the lettuce on a large platter or bowl.
- Scatter the cucumbers, avocados and tomatoes on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine ingredients for vinaigrette and whisk together.
- Drizzle ¼ cup of the Vinaigrette on top and toss to combine. Add more vinaigrette if needed and serve immediately.