The What's Gaby Cooking House Salad happens on repeat just about every night in our house! Okay - maybe not every night - I go back and forth with this salad and the green monster salad. And they both are easy to make and go with ANYTHING!
Making meatballs, throw a house salad on the side. Pasta - this salad. Pizza - house salad. Fish, Chicken, Steak, Lasagna... you get the idea. You can't go wrong with this one and you can make adjustments to the ingredients depending on what's in your fridge! Most of this stuff I keep on hand at all times so I can whip this up as a side for dinner - or make a batch for lunch and throw some grilled chicken or salmon on top and call it a day! Throw it into your regular dinner rotation - I promise you won't be disappointed!
- 3-4 cups various farmers market lettuce
- 3-4 Persian Cucumbers thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves
- 2 green onions sliced on a bias
- 2 Avocados cut into wedges
- 2-3 vine ripened tomatoes cut into wedges
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Shaved parmesan
- 1 recipe balsamic vinaigrette below
For the balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ shallot finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Arrange the lettuce on a large platter or bowl.
- Scatter the cucumbers, avocados and tomatoes on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine ingredients for vinaigrette and whisk together.
- Drizzle ¼ cup of the Vinaigrette on top and toss to combine. Add more vinaigrette if needed and serve immediately.
This was a hit! Made it to go with our Thanksgiving dinner and it was the perfect complement. This will be my go to green salad going forward.
Note- I added homemade croutons and used cherry tomatoes.
In a world full of complicated salad recipes this is the perfect everyday salad with just enough to make it still feel special! I subbed out the green onion for thin slices of red and served with baked salmon and a squeeze of lemon.. perfect light summer dinner!
This is going to be my go-to salad from now on. Absolutely delicious! The mint makes it!
Yum! This looks so simple and easy but also delicious and healthy - basically all the things you could ever ask for! Plus throw avocado in anything and I'm pretty much game!
I want this salad in MY house! Haha 🙂 it looks so fresh and delicious!
This is a beautiful salad. I love it as a side, but it makes a wonderful meal as well.
This is great. All salad recipes tend to be fancy and complicated. I love that you just posted a simple house salad!!
Just so pretty and refreshing- I love this salad!!
I can't wait to dig into this salad! This salad is so pretty!