I remember the first week when Pretzel M&M's were on the market. It was basically a mad dash for the market to see who could buy them all first. Clearly I won. I stocked up on pounds and pounds of these little morsels of goodness and stashed them away in my pantry for a rainy day. Here's the deal, Pretzel M&M's are my jam. They are the perfect combo of sweet and salty and the bottom line is that you need them in your life.
Lucky for you, my friend Maria from Two Peas and their Pod has you covered! Maria and I have known each other for a few years now. She's the first person I became friends with in the food blogging world and I can vividly remember our first Blogher Food conference together. In fact without her, I wouldn't have even made it to the conference since she found me a ticket at the last minute! She's a total doll and I'm so excited for her because she has a gorgeous new e-cookbook out! Cookie Cravings. And when I say gorgeous, I really mean it! Heidi from Foodie Crush did all the photography for the book and it is beautiful. You literally turn each page and want to eat each and every cookie. You see, Maria is the cookie queen. That girl knows her cookies! And I'm a sucker for a good cookie! It's one of the many reasons we get along so well 🙂
And without further ado... here is one of my favorites from Maria's new book!
Jumbo Pretzel M&M Cookies
- 3 ¾ cups AP Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter at room temp
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Pretzel M&M's
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugars until smooth. About 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Stir in the chocolate chips, pretzel M&M's and chopped pretzels.
- Using a ¼ cup scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheets. 6 cookies per baking sheet since they are jumbo! Using the palm of your hand, flatten out the cookies a bit and sprinkle with a touch of sea salt.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes until the edges just barely turn golden brown. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.