I can't think of a better way to detox from the festivities this weekend and kick the week off on the right foot than with this Loaded Sesame Ginger Salmon Salad!
I know technically summer doesn't start for a few more weeks, but I'm going for it. I've always considered my birthday the start of summer and since it's in 2 short days (June 1st) and the month long celebrations are starting tonight we're just doing it! Before we get to the birthday cake later this week, let's kick things off on a healthy note. I leave for Greece in 2 weeks and the thought of putting on a swimsuit after the pizzas and burgers I've consumed in the last week is straight up horrifying. But never fear, I've got the solution! Loaded Sesame Ginger Salmon Salad is on the menu and it's perfectly clean, majorly delicious and packed with all sorts of flavors and textures. You're going to want it to be your new summer salad and I can't blame you. It's perfection.
Also - side note - the vinaigrette/dressing on this is out of this world. You might want a double batch because then you can drizzle it over veggies, another salad, grilled chicken, steak, pasta, quinoa, rice or just about anything else and call it a day.
Loaded Sesame Ginger Salmon Salad
For the Salmon:
- 1 lb salmon cut into 4 4-ounce filets
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Salad:
- 1 bunch fresh watercress
- ½ cup chopped scallion leaves
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1 cup mango small diced
- 1 cup Persian cucumber sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
For the Ginger Vinaigrette:
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 inches of ginger peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- Sprinkle the salmon filets with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick pan over high heat. Add the oil to the pan and then add the fish. Cook the salmon about 2-3 minutes. Then flip the salmon and cook another minute on the skin side. Remove the salmon and place on a plate and set aside.
- On a large platter arrange the salad ingredients.
- In a blender combine the vinaigrette ingredients and puree on high until smooth. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Top the salad with the salmon and drizzle everything with the ginger vinaigrette.