Pineapple Sheet Cake – the breakfast and dessert of my dreams!
It counts as breakfast since there is pineapple in it right?! Well, we’re going for it. I used to have a square of Pineapple Sheet Cake for breakfast on the days that I didn’t have a double chocolate chip muffin from Costco. That’s just who I am on the inside and I’m not mad at it. Start the day with a sugary kick – ON BRAND!
Anyways, Pineapple Sheet Cake is legit 5 ingredients. Couldn’t be easier. Best when served with cream cheese frosting and lots of sprinkles for a little sparkly pop. It’s good for breakfast, it’s good for dessert, it’s good for a birthday cake with candles, and it keeps for a week or two. It’s basically the best and you need it!
Pineapple Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple including the juice
For the Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13 metal baking dish with sheet of parchment paper to have about an inch hanging over the pan and spray baking spray.
- Combine the sugar and eggs in a large stand mixer and mix for 1 minute. Add the flour and baking soda and continue to mix, followed by the pineapple. Mix until everything is just incorporated and then remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Transfer the batter into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 35 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick can be inserted in the center and removed without any batter sticking. Remove the cake once fully baked and let cool.
- While the cake is cooling, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a large stand mixer. Turn the mixer on very slowly and let the cream cheese and powdered sugar incorporate, making sure to scrape down the sides every so often until you have a thick icing.
- Spread the icing over the cake, lots and lots of swoops, and serve. (You can also keep the cake in the fridge for up to 1 week)