Salted Chocolate Tart with a very special secret crust. Get ready for your new everything.
Chocolate and salt. It’s epic. Now imagine chocolate, salt and a little bit of extra pizzazz from a potato chip. I mean, what more could you POSSIBLY ask for in life.
For those of you who pay close attention… my chip obsession is real. I eat them almost every day in every shape / size and flavor. I can’t be stopped. Honey Dijon, Tortilla, Hint of Lime, BBQ, you name it. A few years ago when I first made this recipe, I knew that a perfectly salted sea salt chip was truly a game changer when it came to a chocolate dessert. And guess what – 6 years later… I feel the exact same.
Yup – potato chips in the CRUST. I went there. I’m not turning back. And I can pinkie promise you that you’ll be totally into this recipe. The extra hint of salt and flavor that comes from the chips is perfection alongside the decadent chocolate filling. Trust me. You need this in your life stat.
- 1 8 ½ ounce bag Kettle Chips, Sea Salt flavor
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse the potato chips until they are finely ground. Add the melted butter and flour and pulse for 30 seconds to combine. Press the potato chip crust into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan.
- Transfer to the pre-heated oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Combine the cream and chocolate chips in a medium pot over medium heat and warm the cream until the chocolate starts to melt. Whisk these 2 ingredients together until completely smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla and salt and continue to whisk until smooth over medium heat.
- Once smooth, remove the pot from the heat and pour the Chocolate Filling mixture into the cooled tart shell and place it back into the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes. Remove it from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan and add the chocolate. Whisk together over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and all the chocolate has melted.
- Pour this mixture over the middle of the chocolate tart and use an offset spatula to spread it around in a swoopy motion. Let the entire tart chill in the refrigerator until cold. Dust with flaky sea salt before slicing and serving.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!