This Scallion Pancake comes together in just 20 minutes and can be made with all kinds of seafood. Feel free to mix it up to your preference or go vegetarian and add in your favorite veggies.
It’s also a part of my Korean BBQ Dinner Party – which you should totally make this season. It’s incredible!
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 scallions cut into 1 inch segments
- 1/2 pound shrimp peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup korean pancake mix
- 1½ – 2 cups water
- 1 fresno pepper sliced thin
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped scallions, shrimp, egg, garlic, salt, pepper, pancake mix and water and mix well until combined.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add 1-1 1/2 cup of the mixture into the pan and spread in pan. Add couple sliced of red fresno on top and cook for 5-6 minutes. Drizzle oil on top of the pancake mixture before flipping and cook until golden brown and crisp and the shrimp is cooked, about 5-6 minutes on the remaining side. Transfer to a wire rack to let any excess oil drain and eat with dipping sauce.