This post is sponsored by Frito-Lay. Thoughts and opinions are my own
Shall we dive into these game changing S’more Popcorn Bars? I think so!
I’ve always loved a bar, specifically one that is loaded with popcorn, marshmallows and chocolate. But when the base of that is sea salt dusted popcorn well then it’s game over. There’s no denying the fact that it’s the best quick and easy summer dessert. There’s almost no cooking involved. You can have this ready to roll in less than 10 minutes. And I haven’t met a single person that doesn’t love this dessert. It’s magical and I know it’s going to be your go-to for the entire summer.
I’m about to head out on an epic summer camping adventure in Montana for one of my best friends bachelorette parties. Okay, maybe camping isn’t quite the right term… it’s more glamping with some tented camp that has king sized beds in it and comes complete with your own chef. But whatever, those are just details. What I’m most excited about is the fact that every night we get to make s’mores over an open campfire (supervised most likely by the chef with fancy chocolate and homemade marshmallows).
Seeing as how I can’t recreate that in my home, apparently condo buildings don’t look so fondly on open fires on the balcony, I decided to take the quintessential summer s’more flavors for a spin! Smartfood Delight sea salt popcorn acts as the base of this recipe with melted marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs and mini chocolate chips. That’s it! Throw a little salt on top for good measure and it’s game on!
S’more Popcorn Bars
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows plus 1 cup extra
- 8 cups Smartfood Delight sea salt popcorn
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips frozen
- flaky sea salt
- Prepare a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Melt four tablespoons of butter in a microwave-safe dish and pour over graham cracker crumbs. Stir to combine. Sprinkle mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add 16 ounces of the mini marshmallows and continuously stir to combine until the marshmallows are melted and smooth
- Stir in the popcorn and mix until the popcorn is well coated. Fold in the frozen mini chocolate chips. Immediately transfer the mixture into the prepped baking dish pressing it firmly into an even layer. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows and torch the top.
- Let it harden for about 20 minutes and then cut and serve
Check out the Frito-Lay pinterest page for more summer inspired recipes!