Spicy Shrimp Tostadas are a staple for pool parties for us!! Perfectly spiced shrimp, crispy tortillas and some shredded lettuce and mango for a bit of texture!
These beauties make frequent appearances in my kitchen, and more recently they were the start of our West Coast Cantina Party with Williams Sonoma! They are easy to make, easier to eat, and you could really jazz them up any way you wanted! I mean, hello guacamole!!
Eat ’em with a knife and fork, or fold them in half and eat them like a taco. Either way the spicy shrimp is addicting and the cilantro vinaigrette doused lettuce and mango give it a little crunch and a little sweetness! It’s perfection if you ask me!
Spicy Shrimp Tostadas
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup refried beans warmed
- 1/2 pound medium sized shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded romaine
- 1/2 cup cubed mangos
- 1 recipe Cilantro Vinaigrette
- cotija cheese to garnish
- In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat until almost smoking. Add the tortillas into the oil, one at a time, and fry on each side for about 1-2 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove with tongs and set aside to dry on a paper towel. Repeat process with other corn tortillas.
- Toss the shrimp with the cayenne, garlic powder and chipotle pepper as well as salt and pepper. Saute in a medium skillet with 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil for about 3 minutes on each side until pink and fully cooked.
- Toss the romaine lettuce and cubed mango in a bit of the cilantro vinaigrette.
- Spread the 1/4 cup of refried beans on top of each tortilla. Add some of the lettuce and mango on top and then some shrimp. Season with salt and pepper if needed and garnish with cotija cheese