If you've never made scones before - these Strawberry White Chocolate Scones are the perfect way to start!
Let's get a few things out of the way up front: these are NOT dry scones. I just can't get into any scone that is dry. I don't want to dunk it into tea or coffee, I want it to be moist and delicious all on it's own. So after much re-jiggering to a few traditional scone recipes... here we are!
Scones are one of those easy indulgences that make me happy. There are 2 tricks to making scones. First - grating the butter. You'll need ice cold butter for this recipe and then you'll grate it up on a box shredder and then fold it into the dry ingredients! That way the butter is evenly distributed throughout the scones and each bite it perfect.
The second tip is all about forming the scones. I'm a drop scone kinda gal - which means after you make the dough, you just drop balls of it into a baking sheet and stick it into the oven. I'm not into rolling the dough out, cutting perfect triangles and then baking them because that's an extra step between baking and eating these Strawberry White Chocolate Scones and that is way too much work for me!
Whip these Strawberry White Chocolate Scones up next time you need to make breakfast, bring a dish to brunch, or just want to eat a little strawberry white chocolate goodness and I can promise you won't be disappointed! And if you don't have fresh strawberries on hand, you can easily substitute any other berry you prefer: raspberries, blueberries, blackberries etc.
For a few other scone recipes:
- Savory Cheese and Scallion Scones
- Vanilla Coconut Scones
- Blueberry Scones
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
Looking for more amazing breakfast ideas? Check out my 100 favorite breakfast recipes here
Strawberry White Chocolate Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter, cold, grated into small pieces
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips or chunks
For the Glaze
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar and gently whisk together. Add the grated cold butter to the dry mixture and toss to combine so the butter is evenly distributed.
- Fold the strawberries into the dry mixture along with the white chocolate chips. Make a well in the center and pour in the heavy cream. Fold everything together just to incorporate; do not overwork the dough. Chill the dough for at least 20 minutes - 4 hours for best baking results.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Form 12 medium sized mounds out of the dough. The size can vary depending on if you want to stretch the recipe to make more. Arrange them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for 16-20 minutes, or until the top just barely turned golden brown.
- Combine the lemon juice, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl and whisk until no clumps remain. Once the scones have cooled, drizzle with the glaze and let cool.
I just made these. Again. Deeeelicious! Thank you!
How do you store them?
in an air tight container in the fridge!
They are in the oven! They look delish. I have made your banana bread many times, and it is loved by my whole family.
These look fab! The combo of white chocolate and strawberries are a winner!
Love the strawberry and white chocolate combo here!
Perfect for an afternoon tea or a cup of coffee in the morning! Yum!
Um.....I need these!!! Fab!
these look so wonderful-I love the flavor combination!
Add white chocolate to anything and I'm pretty much game haha! Can't wait to give these a go. They look delicious
Sounds like the perfect breakfast to me!
These look SO good. I must try them soon.
Mouth=watering! They look perfect!
Yum. This recipe might be my first attempt at scones!
These look delicious! I love scones!
Full disclosure. I have never made scones before, and this is weird because I LOVE them. I always thought grating the butter was a pain, but it really doesn't sound bad at all and the trade off of eating these delicious scones is the pay off!!