Okay these are the most fabulous healthy cookies in the world. I can call them healthy because they don’t use tons of butter like other cookie recipes. And… they have fruit in them… therefore they are healthy. Now I can eat 4-5 a day and not feel one bit guilty about it And they have a little sugar in them… but lets be real… you have to have some sugar in life! We made these this weekend while in Seattle and I think its safe to say that no matter when you come over to my house… there are always cookies!
- 1/2 cup date paste **** see note at bottom
- 1/4 cup plain non fat yogurt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups pulverized oatmeal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- dried cranberries
- Combine the date paste, butter, sugars and eggs in your food mixer. Then add the flour, oatmeal, baking soda and baking powder until the consistency is even. Then add in the chocolate chips, butterscotch, m&ms, and cranberries. I never measure these when adding - just eyeball them and make sure that you add enough to have something delicious in every bite.
- Bake at 375 degrees in the oven for 7-10 minutes depending on how gooey you want the insides to be. I prefer my cookies to be really gooey in the middle so I take them out after 8 minutes. Let them cool on a cooling rack and then gobble them all up!
*Note* If you want to make these without the date paste just use 1 cup of butter or butter substitute. Date paste can be hard to find… I order mine here it is called Sunsweet Lighter Bake and buy it in bulk because I can’t find it at the market anymore
Tags: Bread, Butterscotch, Chocolate, Cookies, Dessert, Healthy, M and M's