I’m a little funny about pumpkin things. I’m sorry, but I cannot handle pumpkin spice lattes in August. It’s basically criminal in my opinion. But once October hits, anything is fair game especially when it comes in the form of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is one of those quintessential recipes that reminds me of being at home. This is another recipe that my mom used to make for us in bulk so we could enjoy it for breakfast or dessert! I’ve spiced things up over the years, literally, and added in a few new spices like allspice, cloves and of course…. pumpkin pie spice. I’ve also loaded it up with a handful or two of some chocolate chips and now it’s perfection. It’s the perfect weekend baking project for a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning and once you make it, you’re well on your way to the most delicious quick bread that will ever grace your kitchen. It’s a little bit spiced, a little bit sweet, a little bit chocolatey and a whole lotta delicious.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs, water and spices on medium speed. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low until everything is just combined. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and fold in with a spatula.
- Transfer batter to 2 sprayed loaf pans. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired and bake for about 55-60 minutes, until a knife is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. Remove the loaf pans from the oven and let the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread cool for at least 30 minutes before removing and slicing.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!