Seeing as how it’s now finally October, Pumpkin season can officially commence. I’m sorry, but I cannot handle pumpkin spice lattes in August. It’s basically criminal in my opinion. So I’ve held out the past few weeks and I’m now ready to bring a little pumpkin into my life… specifically in the form of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is one of those quintessential recipes that reminds me of being at home. This is another recipe that my mom used to make for us in bulk so we could enjoy it for breakfast or dessert! I’ve spiced things up over the years, literally, and added in a few McCormick spices like Allspice, Cloves and of course…. Pumpkin Pie spice. Throw in a handful or two of some chocolate chips and you’re well on your way to the most delicious quick bread that will ever grace your kitchen. It’s a little bit spicy, a little bit sweet, a little bit chocolatey and a whole lotta delicious.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick pumpkin pie spice
- ½ bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs, water and spices on medium speed. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low until everything is just combined. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and fold in with a spatula.
- Transfer batter to 2 oiled loaf pans. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired and bake for about 55-60 minutes, until a knife is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. Remove the loaf pans from the oven and let the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread cool for at least 30 minutes before removing and slicing.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!