You see, I had the best of intentions to do a little veggie cleanse starting yesterday. But then I had a mega craving for gnocchi and it all went out the window. So I’m starting fresh today and piling my plate high with healthy things like vegetables, salads, fruits and this green goddess dressing!
Now I know what you might be thinking! Isn’t Green Goddess Dressing usually loaded with mayo and sour cream? Not here. Not mine. I can’t get behind having all that in a salad dressing or dip. I need a little something that’s light, fresh and packed with flavor… which is exactly what this one delivers!
It’s another perfect condiment to have on hand for a dip, a sauce on grilled meats, chicken or fish, or a perfect dressing to throw into just about any salad you choose!
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 to 5 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked to taste
- Combine everything in a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add a few extra tablespoons of water if you need to smooth it out.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Use immediately, or store in an air tight refrigerated container for up to 4 days.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!