Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwich
Imagine a sweet and spicy bbq sauce all over slowly cooked pork butt. It’s kinda the most amazing thing I’ve eaten in the past few weeks and I was totally inspired to make it after seeing these on Tasty Kitchen. The sweetness of the pineapple and the spice from the homemade bbq sauce was a perfect blend to smother the pulled pork. Plus it’s one of the easiest dishes ever – you just throw everything into a big slow cooker and call it a day!
I made a big batch of this last week when I knew it was going to be a crazy week for me and my boyfriend. It’s definitely one of those meals where you can just snag some out of the fridge, throw it onto some bread and call it a meal. And when your exhausted after a super long day of work – that’s really all you want!
|Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwich|
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours 5 mins
- 2.5 lbs pork butt, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 15oz can Pineapple, discard the sauce
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, optional
- Cut the pork butt into 2 inch pieces. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients on top of the pork butt and cover with the lid. Set on low heat and cook for 8 hours until the pork is falling apart.
- Using 2 forks, shred the pork while still in the slow cooker and then let it soak up the remaining juice.
- Serve the Hawaiian Pulled Pork on a Ciabatta or Hamburger bun. Add sliced avocado if desired
Tags: Hawaiian Pulled Pork, Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwich, Hawaiian Sandwich, How to make a pulled pork sandwich, Pulled Pork, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Slow cooker pork