I take my picnics very seriously and seeing as how picnic season is quickly approaching we absolutely MUST talk about Herbed Goat Cheese Balls.
We all know I’m all about simple recipes for the most part. Things I can whip up in a moments notice and say look what I made – isn’t it delicious. (so modest) These Herbed Goat Cheese Balls are exactly that. Beyond easy to make, perfect to pack up and take for a picnic, or serve up as an appetizer with a pile of crostini. Done and done. I first saw them a few months back at a new bakery in Venice Beach and I’ve been obsessing over them ever since. Clearly it was time to re-create them at home so we can all enjoy them for picnics in the park, backyard BBQ’s or a quick snack when you have some leftover in your fridge. #sorrynotsorry
- 2 large logs goat cheese
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Fresh Dill, chopped
- Fresh Chives, finely chopped
- Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Toasted crostini
- Cut the logs of goat cheese into 8 pieces each. Roll them into balls and place into a medium baking dish. Sprinkle the fresh herbs and red pepper flakes on top of the cheese and add the olive oil until it covers about ½ of the goat cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Rotate the cheese balls before serving so they are fully coated with the olive oil herb mixture.
- Serve with crostini, pita, crudite etc.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!