I’m gonna say it. I don’t really care for football. Yup. I said it. Whatever… it just doesn’t excited me. BUT – I do love the Super Bowl because its the perfect excuse to make some of my favorite comfort foods! They might not always be healthy, but they sure are perfect for eating while watching the big game! You can bet that my Super Bowl party will include these sliders, as well as some dips, wings and a few desserts! One thing I really really love about these sliders is that the meat is done in a slow cooker so you can prepare it ahead of time and forget about it until it is time to put your plates together. This pulled pork is smothered in a homemade BBQ sauce and it is mouthwatering and delicious.
So, while the Super Bowl is on and all the guys are huddled around the TV, I will be posted right next to all my favorite foods with my camera and an empty stomach.
This week, Maria from Two Peas and Their Pod and I, are sharing our favorite recipes for the Super Bowl! Be sure to check out her mini pretzel bites! So get ready for some fantastic ideas for your Super Bowl party! These recipes are sure to be a total hit no matter which team you are rooting for!!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2.5 lbs pork butt, cut into 2 pieces
- 12 slider buns
- Combine all the ingredients except the pork butt and the buns in a slow cooker and mix together with a spoon. Add the 2 pieces of pork and cover the slow cooker. Set for 8 hours on low.
- After 8 hours, using 2 forks, shred the pork and remove the pork with the remaining sauce into a large bowl. Toast the slider buns and add some of the pulled pork to each bun.