A simple and delicious Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
I’m in need of some greeeeens. I ate my weight in gravy this past week. And stuffing. And countless other calorie heavy items. So I’m keeping it light this weekend before I start with the full on Christmas Cookie/Baking extravaganza that’s coming to the blog next week. Oh yeah, it’s starting. Get excited.
In the interim, I’m shredding some Brussels and tossing them together with cranberries and avocados so I can shove as many super foods in my mouth at one time and feel a little better about putting on a pair of yoga pants. I signed up for a month long intensive pilates class, and to be totally honest, I’m scared to death to put on my yoga pants and skin tight tops and make my first appearance in class tomorrow. It could be a seriously horrifying experience.
Let’s get into it!
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Shred the Brussels Sprouts using a mandolin, or finely shred the Brussels using a sharp knife.
- Toss the shredded Brussels with the dried cranberries, avocado and parmesan cheese. Drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and season with salt and pepper.