Tonight was shrimp scampi and it is one of my favorite dishes. I originally planned on making this with linguini but last minute I decided on a Parmesan couscous, which is probably one of my new favorite sides. Here is what you need for the shrimp:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large shallot diced
- 5 cloves garlic - chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds of large shrimp (I was cooking for 6 so adjust this amount as needed)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon - juices
- Parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet add the 1/2 the butter and olive oil. Then saute the shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes. Add the shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes until they are pink. Remove the shrimp and set aside and keep warm. Then add the remaining butter, white wine and lemon juice and mix together. Add the shrimp back to the skillet and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!