This simple steak dinner is a perfect summer meal. It utilized the grill so clean up is quick and the pico de gallo is light and refreshing! I made this for my boyfriends BBQ last weekend and it was a total hit!
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 pound trimmed skirt steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together with the exception of the steak to make the marinade. Pour the mixture into a plastic bag and add the steak. Seal and marinate this for up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once the steaks have soaked up all that delicious flavor remove them from the bag and let sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Fire up the grill to medium high heat. Place the skirt steaks over the heat and grill on each side for about 4-5 minutes so the steak is still pink in the middle. Remove steaks from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing them at an angle.
- Place all meat onto a serving dish and top with your favorite recipe for pico de gallo and serve!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!