It’s all about the Bloody Maria today!! She’s the cousin of a Bloody Mary and it’s the best brunch cocktail out there!
Did you know I didn’t try a Bloody Mary until I was 29?? It’s embarrassing to say the least. I was convinced that I was anti-tomato juice. Welp, turns out I LOVE a freshly made tomato juice and I’ll take it as a Bloody Mary or a Bloody Maria – with the Bloody Maria being my preference because I’m a tequila girl.
The key to a good Bloody Maria is 2 things. 1: you need great tomato juice. There’s just no alternative – make sure you find the best quality out there if you’re not making your own. 2: the toppings. It’s really a meal in a glass, so you have to go to TOWN with all the accoutrements.
I’m talking bacon, grilled shrimp, pickles, olives, tomatoes, limes, you name it, anything is pretty much fair game in the bloody mary / maria game! Trust me, you’ll want these at your next brunch extravaganza!
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 5 shakes Hot Sauce Chipotle Cholula is my fav
- 3 shakes Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces tomato juice
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Optional Garnishes:
- Lime wedges
- Lemon wedges
- Celery stalks
- Mini Gherkins
- Pickled pearl onions
- Cherry tomatoes
- Castelvetrano olives
- Grilled Shrimp
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine all the ingredients except the garnishes, and shake until well chilled.
- Run a lime across the rim of a glass and dip into salt to coat. Fill the glass with ice and strain the mixture into the glass.
- Garnish with desired garnishes. Serve.