Crispy Cheese Quesadillas
- 6 small flour tortillas, about 4 1/2 inches in diameter
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- pico de gallo
- Combine the mushrooms, onions, spices, lime juice, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil and let sit for 15-20 minutes
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, when it’s hot add 2 tablespoon olive oil and sauté mushrooms still crispy and browned 6-8 min. Remove from heat and keep to the side.
- Char the tortillas over a gas burner on high to soften, keep wrapped in a towel until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 225, place a baking sheet fitted with a cooling rack in the middle of the oven.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, when the pan is hot place 1/3 cup cheese directly into the pan and spread out into a 5 in circle. Spoon on some of the mushroom mixture into the center of the cheese. Let the cheese melt and bubble, when the edges begin to look crisp place a charred tortilla on top and with a spatula press down firmly. With a spatula carefully flip the quesadilla over so the cheese is facing up. Remove from the pan and fold in half, place the quesadilla into the oven to keep warm while you finish the remaining quesadillas
- Serve with your favorite toppings, guacamole and pico.