Buckle up guys - this cocktail (the brain child of one of my best friends Adam) is going to rock your world.
An integral part of the Mexico City Happy Hour menu is cocktails! This is exactly how you need to start your happy hour.
We've got citrus (orange and lime), vanilla (I know, kinda weird but go with it) and tequila as the base of this recipe. It's perfection. Word to the wise - when you're picking a Tequila, don't get a super sweet tequila. I'd suggest something super pure like Lalo!
And if you're making this - you might as well make my whole Mexico City inspired happy hour menu! Recipes are all linked above + below!
- To Start: El Sueno Cocktails – the recipe makes enough for 2 drinks. But it’s easily scalable depending on how many you need to serve. Also you can make this ahead of time and store in a pitcher. Just add ice into a glass and pour in. ** don’t add ice into the pitcher if you prep ahead as it will water down the taste**
- Next up: Chicken Taquitos! One of my fav quick and easy snacks ever. And puts the store bought ones to shame!
- Crispy Cheese Quesadillas are basically inside out quesadillas with marinated caramelized mushrooms and OMG they are fantastic.
- We’re rounding out the happy hour menu with a Traditional Salsa and a Roasted Hot Salsa! Both are freaking phenomenal!
- 4 ounces tequila blanco
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract if you can't find paste)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3-4 dashes bitters
- pinch of salt and orange zest twist for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, give a good stir to mix honey and vanilla paste. Fill cocktail shaker ¾ full with ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain into chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a lime or orange twist.