This Korean Potato Salad is so good as is but even better on a brioche bun or a fried croquette.
It’s also a part of my Korean BBQ Dinner Party – which you should totally make this season. It’s incredible!
Korean Potato Salad
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 1 Persian cucumber thinly sliced in half moons
- ¼ carrot diced small
- 1 cup canned corn rinsed under hot water and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are in about 1 inch cubes. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium low to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes are fork tender and you can easily pierce them with a fork when touched.
- While the potatoes are cooking, lightly salt the cucumbers with ¼ teaspoon salt and let sit for 10 minutes to release their juices. Place the cucumbers on a towel and gently squeeze out the excess water after 10 minutes.
- Using a spider strainer, remove the potatoes from the water, drain and set aside in a bowl. Meanwhile, blanch the carrots for about 1 minute and remove.
- Place the diced potatoes through a ricer or masher and transfer to a large bowl. Add mayonnaise, heavy cream, salt, sugar, black pepper, corn, cucumber, and carrot and stir to incorporate.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve.