We’re back with another installment of the WGC Dinner Party series! And this time – let’s do to the Med!
So last time we did a menu, we went to Italy and it was glorious! But today I’m thinking we do a little end of summer situation and basically go to Greece and the surrounding areas! Here’s what you’re about to get – an entire dinner party menu along with a prep schedule for the day of so you can host and entertain with zero stress!! There’s a lot going on in the world and I want to make it easy for you to have a few friends over and have a relaxing evening… so here goes!
This Dinner Party Menu is stress free, easy to prep ahead and a major crowd pleaser! Let’s talk menu first and then we’ll get into the schedule!
Mediterranean Dinner Party Menu:
- Drinks: Strawberry and Peach Rosé Sangria
- Appetizers: we’re going with homemade tzatziki and pita chips plus a Greek Mezze Board
- Salad: Melon Halloumi Salad
- Main: Chicken Skewers / Kebabs with a Cilantro Mint Sauce
- Sides: Tzatziki Greek Fries (optional)
- Dessert: Galette (not particularly Mediterranean but works perfectly with this menu!)
Okay now let’s get into prep for this Mediterranean Dinner Party Menu…
Morning of (sometime between 9am – 11am)
- Make the sangria start to finish and chill in the fridge! That way you can take it out and serve over ice right before your guests arrive!
- Make the tzatziki and pita chips start to finish. Chill tzatziki until dinner time and store the pita chips once cooled in an air tight container.
- Make the galette dough and frangipane filling. Chill both until ready to assemble.
- Scoop or slice the melon into balls or cubes for the salad. Transfer to a large serving bowl and cover and refrigerate until later.
- Make the dressing for the salad and store in fridge.
Afternoon of (sometime between 1pm – 3pm)
- Make the red pepper dip for the Mezze board and make sure all your other ingredients are prepped and ready to go. Assemble the mezze board about 1 hour before guests arrive and cover with a clean cloth to be removed right before anyone arrives.
- Finish making the galette and bake. You can serve it at room temp with a dollop of whipped cream and it’s spectacular. So make it now, and then let it rest on the counter until dessert!
- Marinate and thread the chicken skewers.
- Make the cilantro mint sauce for the skewers and store in the fridge.
Right before guests arrive:
- Take out the sangria and set on counter with glassware and a bucket of ice.
- Transfer Tzatziki to a serving bowl and arrange pita chips on the side.
- You already made the Tzatziki so reserve a few spoonfuls for the greek potatoes. Roast the potatoes now and then serve them warm or at room temp.
- Slice and sear the halloumi. Add to the melon mixture.
Before you sit down for dinner:
- Start grilling the skewers and transfer the cilantro mint sauce to a serving bowl. Once the chicken is cooked, transfer skewers to a serving platter with the sauce and serve!
- Assemble the potatoes with Tzatziki.
- Add the dressing to the salad and serve.
All that’s left is to enjoy your party and then do the dishes later after everyone leaves! Happy hosting!
Can’t wait for the time when we can travel again…..
This spread has captured summer perfectly!
This is perfect!!! Is there any way to buy a printable version of this timeline with all the recipes and shopping list?
No but that’s a great idea!
How many does this serve?
I made all of these for a dinner party and my guests loved it!
Instructions were very easy to follow and the food tasted delicious 🙂