We’re back with another installment of the WGC Dinner Party series! And this time – let’s do to the Med!
So last time we did a menu, we went to Italy and it was glorious! But today I’m thinking we do a little end of summer situation and basically go to Greece and the surrounding areas! Here’s what you’re about to get – an entire dinner party menu along with a prep schedule for the day of so you can host and entertain with zero stress!! There’s a lot going on in the world and I want to make it easy for you to have a few friends over and have a relaxing evening… so here goes!
This Dinner Party Menu is stress free, easy to prep ahead and a major crowd pleaser! Let’s talk menu first and then we’ll get into the schedule!
Mediterranean Dinner Party Menu:
- Drinks: Strawberry and Peach Rosé Sangria
- Appetizers: we’re going with homemade tzatziki and pita chips plus a Greek Mezze Board
- Salad: Melon Halloumi Salad
- Main: Chicken Skewers / Kebabs with a Cilantro Mint Sauce
- Sides: Tzatziki Greek Fries (optional)
- Dessert: Galette (not particularly Mediterranean but works perfectly with this menu!)
Okay now let’s get into prep for this Mediterranean Dinner Party Menu…
Morning of (sometime between 9am – 11am)
- Make the sangria start to finish and chill in the fridge! That way you can take it out and serve over ice right before your guests arrive!
- Make the tzatziki and pita chips start to finish. Chill tzatziki until dinner time and store the pita chips once cooled in an air tight container.
- Make the galette dough and frangipane filling. Chill both until ready to assemble.
- Scoop or slice the melon into balls or cubes for the salad. Transfer to a large serving bowl and cover and refrigerate until later.
- Make the dressing for the salad and store in fridge.
Afternoon of (sometime between 1pm – 3pm)
- Make the red pepper dip for the Mezze board and make sure all your other ingredients are prepped and ready to go. Assemble the mezze board about 1 hour before guests arrive and cover with a clean cloth to be removed right before anyone arrives.
- Finish making the galette and bake. You can serve it at room temp with a dollop of whipped cream and it’s spectacular. So make it now, and then let it rest on the counter until dessert!
- Marinate and thread the chicken skewers.
- Make the cilantro mint sauce for the skewers and store in the fridge.
Right before guests arrive:
- Take out the sangria and set on counter with glassware and a bucket of ice.
- Transfer Tzatziki to a serving bowl and arrange pita chips on the side.
- You already made the Tzatziki so reserve a few spoonfuls for the greek potatoes. Roast the potatoes now and then serve them warm or at room temp.
- Slice and sear the halloumi. Add to the melon mixture.
Before you sit down for dinner:
- Start grilling the skewers and transfer the cilantro mint sauce to a serving bowl. Once the chicken is cooked, transfer skewers to a serving platter with the sauce and serve!
- Assemble the potatoes with Tzatziki.
- Add the dressing to the salad and serve.
All that’s left is to enjoy your party and then do the dishes later after everyone leaves! Happy hosting!