It's been a minute since we've done a new cocktail here on WGC and today's the day! Let me introduce you to Ranch Water (the grapefruit free cousin of the Paloma Spritz)!
If you've been anywhere in Texas recently, I'm sure you're well aware of the phenomenon known as Ranch Water. It's essentially a super skinny margarita. Blanco tequila, sparkling water (Topo Chico is our preference obviously) and lime. You could also look at it as a Vodka Soda, but instead of Vodka... Tequila. Whichever way you describe it or spin it, it's excellent. And it's what we've been drinking the last few months.
It's one of the easiest drinks you'll ever make and there are so few ingredients! Lucky for us, these ingredients are what we have on hand on a daily basis, so every time we get a visit from a friend or neighbor... these are the cocktail of choice! A few things to keep in mind:
- Tequila matters. Since there aren't a lot of other flavors going into this, you want your tequila to be pretty straightforward. So I tend to shy away from anything to caramely. We love Lalo.
- Limes - get the real stuff. Fresh lime juice is always the way to go. If you can't get your hands on any - the Santa Cruz lime juice from the store is truly the best brand of store bought. No artificial flavors or additives.
- Sparkling water - Lime Topo Chico packs the best punch! We buy it by the bucket load because it's Thomas' fav sparkling water of choice!
Have at it friends! This would make the perfect addition to any game day parties this weekend ahead of the Super Bowl!
- Crushed ice
- 4 ounces tequila blanco
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 12 ounces sparkling mineral water like Topo Chico
- Lime for garnish
- Fill two glasses half full with crushed ice. Pour 2 ounces of tequila into each glass, then add the lime juice and sparkling water.
- Garnish and serve.