If you’ve been hanging out around this corner of the internet for a while, you know I love a cocktail with a bit of fizz! This Paloma Spritz is my go-to summer cocktail of choice!
Tequila, lime juice, grapefruit juice and a splash of sparkling water… that’s basically the Paloma Spritz in it’s simplest form and I can guarantee if you’re a fan of a skinny margarita, you’ll love this!
Tequila def matters and it’s not all created equal. Some tequila is heavily sweetened and since this Paloma Spritz is quite clean, you want your tequila to be pretty straightforward. We tend to shy away from anything to caramel flavored. We love Lalo and Fortaleza are our current tequilas of choice in this house.
Need more tequila recipes:
- Watermelon Tequila Punch
- Grapefruit Margaritas
- Ranch Water
- The El Sueno
- Pineapple Margaritas
- Blackberry Margaritas
- Strawberry Jalapeno Margaritas
- 4 ounces blanco tequila
- 4 ounces fresh grapefruit juice plus wedges for garnish
- 4-6 ounces sparkling water (we're topo chico fans)
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Coarse sea salt for the rim of the glasses
- Salt the rim of 2 cocktail glasses by rubbing a grapefruit or lime wedge around each edge and dipping them into a small plate of salt. Fill each glass halfway with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, grapefruit juice and lime juice with some ice. Shake for 30 seconds and then fill each glasses with equal amounts of the mixture. Top with the sparkling water and garnish with grapefruit wedge.