Another one of our famous WGC dinner party menus coming your way – and this time it’s all about the most insane Salmon Shawarma Dinner Party and all the incredible side dishes! Menu below serves 6!
I’ve now made this Shawarma Dinner Party menu a grand total of 5 times in the last 3 months… and I’m not even remotely over it. I am obsessed with all the spices and flavors. The ingredients all compliment each other perfectly and it’s pretty easy to whip everything together! Get ready… your guests are about to be impresseD!
Shawarma Olives – these shawarma spiced olives are truly addicting and it’s best to make a double batch because you’ll eat a few handfuls before your guests even arrive.
Butter Lettuce Salad – my go-to side salad for just about any occasion. I’m obsessed.
Crispy Wild Mushrooms – these are the easiest way to make mushrooms and the perfect side to the salmon. If you have leftovers, toss them into pasta and be prepared to be obsessed.
Crispy Buttered Rice – This recipe truly happened by accident. I made rice one night for dinner that was too wet – so instead of scrapping it entirely, I just threw it into a skillet with a LOT of butter and crisped it up in the oven. Truly the happiest accident there ever was.
I also roasted some veggies to go alongside everything too! Whatever veg you have on hand is great – I did Cauliflower and Brussels at 425 until golden brown.
Salmon Shawarma – This salmon is utter perfection. The shawarma spice rub is one that I want to slather on everything forever and ever! The salmon is cooked to perfection and it’s moist, flavorful and the star of the show!
No dessert on this one as we just served fresh fruit! And for drinks…. we did a Pinot Noir but a Rosé is highly encouraged too!
Okay here is my time table as requested for how to execute this dinner party without breaking a sweat!!
8:00/9:00 (Morning of Dinner Party)
- Make the marinated olives start to finish. Cover and store in the fridge until 1 hour before dinner. Then remove and let come to room temp.
- Make the breadcrumbs for the mushroom side dish. Once toasty, remove and set aside until the evening.
- Make the dressing for the butter lettuce salad.
- Prep the butter lettuce and transfer to serving bowl. Drape with a damp paper towel and transfer to fridge.
- Make the rice for the rice dish and then set aside.
4:00 (2-3 hours before dinner)
- Marinate the salmon and store in the fridge
- Prep the mushrooms and transfer to a baking sheet. Go ahead and roast them now. Once done, remove from oven and let stay on baking sheet.
- If you’re making other roasted veggies, go ahead and roast them now the same way you did the mushrooms.
- Caramelize the onion and zucchini for the rice. Once caramelized, remove veggies and toss with the rice. In the same skillet, go ahead and melt the butter and then transfer the rice/veggie mixture into the buttery skillet. Remove from heat and set aside.
5:00/6:00 (Right before guests arrive)
- Remove olives from fridge and let come to room temp.
- Remove salmon from marinade and place on a baking sheet. Pop into oven just as guests are walking in the door. Once it’s cooked, let rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Assemble the butter lettuce and add avocado but don’t dress it yet.
- Pop the rice into the oven to bake, halfway through add the remaining butter and then finish baking as guests arrive. Cover with a fitted lid or large plate and set aside until ready to serve.
6:30/7:00 (Dinner time)
- Pop the mushroom baking sheet back into the oven for 5-10 minutes just to heat back up. Then toss with bread crumbs and serve. Re-heat the other roasted veggies the same way. Transfer both sides to serving platters.
- Plate the salmon.
- Dress the salad and adjust salt and pepper as needed.