There’s a Spiked Pink Lemonade coming your way in T-1 minute and I’ve got my weekend party pants on!
Today we’re all about this Spiked Pink Lemonade. It’s the perfect cocktail now that it’s officially summer! 4th of July parties, summer brunch, girl’s night in, baby showers, bridal showers, you name it – this has your name all over it! It’s not too sweet and the strawberry syrup is so easy to make. It’s basically a homemade simple syrup infused with strawberries to give it that gorgeous light pink color!
Add to that a homemade lemonade, which we’ve all made before I’m guessing as kids, and then splash in some vodka to give it an extra kick. Also works wonderfully with tequila – just saying. Or any other alcohol that strikes your fancy when it comes to lemonade. Serve it up this weekend with some grilled food and you’re well on your way to a perfect summer weekend.
Spiked Pink Lemonade
For the Strawberry syrup:
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
For the lemonade:
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 7 medium lemons
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Vodka
- Strawberries for garnish
- 1 medium lemon thinly sliced, for garnish
- Place the strawberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the strawberries are just starting to fall apart, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour the strawberry mixture through a strainer and gently push on the solids to release all of the liquid; discard the solids. Let the syrup cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes more.
- Place the strawberry syrup in a pitcher. Add the cold water and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add vodka and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices and additional strawberries