There’s a Pink Lemonade Vodka coming your way in T-1 minute and I’ve got my weekend party pants on!
Summertime is pink lemonade season, and what could be more refreshing than a homemade pink lemonade made with vodka?
This Pink Lemonade Vodka recipe is the perfect cocktail for any time of year - but feels particularly perfect for Labor Day this weekend. Don't be afraid to throw it on the menu for any parties, summer brunches, girl’s night in, baby showers, bridal showers, you name it – it has your name all over it! It's not too sweet and the strawberry syrup is so easy to make. It's basically a homemade simple syrup infused with strawberries to give it that gorgeous light pink color! So instead of going with something like a pre-made Smirnoff vodka pink lemonade, I strongly recommend going the homemade route with this vodka pink lemonade recipe. You are not going to be disappointed.
Add to that a homemade lemonade, which we've all made before (I'm guessing as kids), and then splash in some vodka to give it an extra kick. Also works wonderfully with tequila - just saying. Or any other alcohol that strikes your fancy when it comes to lemonade. Serve it up this weekend with some grilled food and you're well on your way to a perfect summer weekend.
Pink Lemonade Vodka Ingredients:
- Lemon Juice
How to make Pink Lemonade Vodka:
Place the strawberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the strawberries are just starting to fall apart. Pour the strawberry mixture through a strainer and gently push on the solids to release all of the liquid. Let the syrup cool slightly and refrigerate until cold. Place the strawberry syrup in a pitcher, add the cold water and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add vodka and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices and additional strawberries.
(detailed instructions for the pink lemonade vodka recipe in the card below)
Pink Lemonade Vodka Slush Recipe Alternative:
For a quick and easy slush alternative, add a handful of ice to a blender with a cup of the Pink Lemonade Vodka and blend until desired slushy texture. This variation of the pink vodka lemonade cocktail might be the ultimate pool side sipper.
Other Delicious Summertime Cocktails:
- El Sueno Cocktail (Orange, lime, vanilla, and tequila as the base of this recipe. Its life changing)
- Coconut Water Cocktails 3 Ways!
- Mandarin Spritz (Cocktail or Mocktail)
- Kentucky Lemonade
- Watermelon Tequila Punch
- 22 Easy Summer Cocktails
What you’ll need:
Spiked Pink Lemonade
For the Strawberry syrup:
- ¾ cup strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup water
For the lemonade:
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 7 medium lemons
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Vodka
- Strawberries for garnish
- 1 medium lemon thinly sliced, for garnish
- Place the strawberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the strawberries are just starting to fall apart, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour the strawberry mixture through a strainer and gently push on the solids to release all of the liquid; discard the solids. Let the syrup cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes more.
- Place the strawberry syrup in a pitcher. Add the cold water and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add vodka and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices and additional strawberries
This was delicious - both with and without the vodka! I made two whole pitchers and both were a smashing success.
I love the glasses....where are they from?
This is what summer is all about!!!
I LOVE the look of this cocktail. So incredibly fresh and full of fruity flavor. Send a few my way 🙂
I do really like the Skinny Girl Margarita, so I just might have to try the vodka next!
This sounds muy excellente!! Love the photos too!
This is how I like a nice girly happy hour!
The pictures in this post just made me daydream that I was in a rocking chair on a sunny front porch with nothing to do but read magazines and put my feet up. I'd call that a major win. Making this tomorrow afternoon for "happy hour" (even if I'm the only attendee!).
Not only do I NEED it to be the weekend, I need a drink this weekend! Alcohol? Lemonade? I am in!
Bethenney is my absolute favorite too! SO FUN that you got to meet her. 🙂
This is terrific I'm going to the grocery store for Skinny Girl Vodka. You made my day!
this cocktail looks FAB. and I hadn't heard of skinny girl vodka, I'm all over it!
Yes, yes, yes! What an exciting collaboration. This makes me want to plan a summer party right now!
That looks delicious! Just curious…how is Skinny Girl vodka different than regular, plain vodka? Is it the alcohol content, or calories?
less calories!! #winwin
SIGN ME UP!