Spring is in full bloom here in LA and I'm ready. Majorly loaded salads are coming your way in the coming weeks, featuring farmers market produce and this Spring Pea Salad is up first!
Salads are my everything. You've probably noticed that by now considering we've done this and this and this and this and this. They make me happy and I especially LOVE them when they are loaded with all kinds of fresh goodness. The key to a really great salad is variety - a little bit of farmers market lettuce, some salty cheese, a few crunchy veggies and ALWAYS AVOCADO!
And all that is exactly what you've getting in this Spring Pea Salad situation! I've been making it on the regular and keeping the dressing on the side so I can just scoop out a few spoonfuls, dress it with my infamous basil vinaigrette, and be on my merry way! Trust me - you'll be obsessed! And feel free to get jazzy with it! If there's another kind of produce that's killing it right now in your state, just toss it in! Or add some salmon on top... perhaps some grilled chicken or shrimp, perfectly charred steak... whatever you prefer!
Spring Pea Salad
- 3-4 cups various farmers market lettuce
- 3-4 Persian Cucumbers thinly sliced
- 2 Avocados cut into wedges or cubes
- 2-3 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh peas blanched
- 1 block feta cut into cubes (about ½ cup total)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- Add everything for the vinaigrette to a blender and blend for 3 minutes until completely smooth.
- Arrange the lettuce on a large platter or bowl.
- Scatter the cucumbers, avocados, peas, feta and radishes on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve alongside the Basil Vinaigrette